Wales College’s Strengths
A high school credit and diploma granting institution with international prestige, Wales College Secondary School is located in Toronto, Ontario’s provincial capital. Wales College has an outstanding faculty with members holding Ontario teacher qualifications and enhanced by at least one post-graduate degree. All Wales graduates have been admitted to top universities including the University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, Queens University, and more.
All courses at Wales College are found in Ontario Ministry of Education curricula, and graduates are awarded the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.The OSSD and its accompanying academic transcript are recognized and accepted worldwide.Wales College offers small class courses from Grades 7 to 12, most of which are university preparation. An extensive ESL language program compliments our credit courses. Our special intensive English courses improve students English performance.
In recognition of our reputation and quality of high school credits by global testing institutions, Wales College is an authorized SAT and ACT (for those applying universities in USA) test centre; and IELTS Test Centre.
English-learning environment for International Students:
Unlike that in other international high schools, over half of Wales College’s students are Canadian high school students, creating such a diverse and English-speaking environment for international students to learn and adapt into Canadian culture.
Historically 100% of our graduates have been accepted to the university or college of their choice every year. Many have been awarded with scholarships. Why?
- We Help students develop specific education plans based on various university entry requirements;
- Assist students with their research and selection of universities that best meet students’ individual academic strengths, interests, and career goals;
- Help students apply to their selected universities, ensuring that all the required documents are appropriately completed and submitted on time;Assist students with scholarship application;
- Upon student request, provide a Letter of Recommendation from the Principal;
- Provide free workshops on university application, university programs, and university life;
- Invite universities to visit our campus to give briefings on their programs and admission requirements, as well as offering interviews;
- Organize student visits to the universities that they wish to attend;
- Contact university admission officers, registrars, or faculty deans on behalf of our students to arrange personal interviews or to resolve any potential problems during the application process.
With our teachers, studying is no longer something students’ do on their own. Our teachers are always there to help and support students. They make learning an absolutely enjoyable journey. They care deeply about our students’ learning needs; have a true passion for teaching; are equipped with excellent classroom resources and technology; and are offered consistent professional development and career advancement opportunities.
Small Class Sizes
Without small class sizes, any great teacher will have limitations in providing students with extra help and attention. Small class sizes are a great feature of Wales, offering students exactly what they need to thrive and succeed.
Wales is a leader in the area of student assessment and evaluation, providing a skills development program that is second to none.
Our all-year, five-semester schedule, with 5 possible enrollment dates each year, offers the most flexible and personalized system available anywhere. Time and again, this unparalleled schedule offers our senior students an opportunity to plan their post-secondary education in the best possible manner.
Total Personal Support with University Applications
University Application is a complex process. It requires substantial knowledge, experience, and sometimes, a personal recommendation. We provide all of this expertise and personalized service to our students to ensure they succeed. The College arranges for university admissions staff to visit with the students at least twice a year to provide seminars and other information regarding university programs and admission details.
Excellent Student Services
Wales College provides students with services such as airport pick-up and ccommodation including home-stay with Canadian families, which greatly assist students to become quickly familiar with the Canadian way of life and improve their English ablities. Wales College staff assist students to apply for the extension of student visas and visitors’ visas for parents to visit Canada.